Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Le Marais Flap purse



Can't believe I made this about a month back! It started as one of those bouts of uncontrollable lusts for the Chanel 2.55 which I have a crush on for like forever now. I think it started back when I was in high school and my grown up cousins had big time jobs and could afford the black flap purses with gold chains and trims for those dinners they went to. I thought I'd do the same when I grew up. But somehow the prices when north and my sensibility caused some serious balking. I adore the couture styles and its amazing how a little bit of thought and creativity, out pops my own little version of the 2.55! Not as luxurious and expensive, its still one amazing creation I hold in my hand. 4 years later and I still surprise myself! We name it after Le Marais, a district in Paris.



I decided to give the old pre-quilted fabric a little try out. It works beautiful, albeit tricky at first but it really does look pretty good in the end. And you guys know how picky I am. :P I paired this purse with thicker interfacing inside on the black cotton. A little concave on the flap & a nifty silver turnlock later, I hold in my hand, my own flap purse. Convertible actually, from a clutch, to a city-chic shoulder bag, to a messenger to keep those hands free for shopping or for your kiddo. How cool is that? Fits your daily essentials, just enough to look fabulous.

I have one myself and this one's for you. Just the one, so don't miss it for the world!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin