Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's!



Happy Valentine's everyone!

Its not a day just for lovers but for everyone to show their care and love for each other! I strongly believe in that coz all that overprized thingamajigs in the streets are really getting to me. I wish they won't hallmark everything. Go DIY this year! Make someone something out of nothing. Its not crass or cheap, but it shows how creative and amazing you really are, to take time out to actually make something for someone with your hands! Check out Meg's Valentine's episode for ideas or look at how to make someone a pair of underwear! There are a whole bunch of amazing ideas out there to make stuff these days but if you're better at other things than hands, shop for them at etsy!

Anyways, do stop and tell someone you heart them, thats pretty much all that "gift" that someone really needs. :+) So I'm sharing my fav poem with you guys. Its also the one that goes on DH's letterpressed card, handwritten of course, regardless of how ugly my handwriting is! :P


To My Dear and Loving Husband

If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were loved by wife, then thee;
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee, give recompense.
Thy love is such I can no way repay,
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live, in love let's so persevere
That when we live no more, we may live ever.

- Anne Bradstreet

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Velentine's Day, my dear friend! really hope to meet up with you soon. But I seek your forgiveness, I think can only do that in March. So sorry~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin