Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mooncake



Saw this amazing amazing box of Mooncakes in The Straits Times newspaper on Sunday and decided to actually run out and get them! Didn't keep my hopes up as its not the lunar 8th month yet. I made my way to the restaurant briskly and lo & behold, they had them! I was ecstatic! Yeap, I'm definitely, officially a bagaholic, so badly that I'm after anything that looks like a purse! I'm never much for mooncakes but this one really struck a chord with me! Doesn't it look so much like the Vuitton Epi Speedy purse in red?



Even though its cardboard, its got quite a weight on it and its covered with this textured faux leather that actually looks and feels amazing! Handles & trimmings are in red faux leather as well. The quality is quite unexpected for such a frivolous purpose. And, the handmade white lotus paste mooncakes inside are really good too! The yolk is fresh & the paste is not too sweet for my taste. Pretty good stuff!



This amazing box bag will be good for use long after the mooncakes have been devoured! :+)

I could not find a direct link to the restaurant information, but this box is from Xin Cuisine at Holiday Inn Singapore. I imagine you'll need to go quick!

1 comment:

vintage eye said...

I soo would've bought those cakes just for the bag, too! I love a nice bag! The nice paper ones with the twine handles are so hard to come by anymore but you really hit the jackpot with that one!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin