Sunday, April 04, 2010

Chocolate Research Facility



A week ago, a twitter friend sent me this tweet. Obviously I my eye almost popped that I had a new gourmet chocolate shop in my backyard (almost) and I didn't know about it! I had the duty to make the pilgrimage & report back as told. You've got to check out the dripping chocolate website & you'll know what I mean when I say I have to go, no questions asked. But I was bogged down with the darn 30-pg essay last week and I was finally free yesterday. I got to go down to the Millennia Walk branch today and boy was it like a trip to the candy store! :D I love that the shop is called Chocolate Research Facility and they have, literally a HUNDRED flavors of chocolates split into 10 different categories, from tea, coffee, fruits, local flavors (Durian, anyone?) to exotic flavors!



I'm always amused when lovely florspace customers tell me its so tough to pick any purse from my store. I felt exactly the same in the CRF store! I love that the chocolate bar mould is segmented into small, medium, large & um, xxl (?) pieces! Feelin' guilty? knock off a small piece. ;+) But from how it tastes, I'll need the whole block. :P



The back of every chocolate box. The designs are sort of thematic, but my fav is the cheese flavored one - cow fur print. LOL I have not tried that yet. I'm not about to gorge on the bars that quick.



I hummed & buzzed around the store like a weird bee not knowing which one to pick! I had mom along coz I was taking my parents to lunch. Mom didn't understand what the fuss was about the little white boxes. They looked like medicine to her. teehee There were seats to have a drink, chat & hang around the beautiful store but I had a lack of time and I wasn't allowed pictures instore. If you check out the "our space" link on the main page, you'll get to browse thru the store & chocolate pictures. I say go now. The chairs are amazing repro of Eames stiletto leg chair (Benedict, I know you'll love) & the tables are like squares of chocolate! Talk about an experience! The simplicity of the interior design seriously made me feel at home.



I came out with a bag of 4 blocks for a start. Hazelnut Dark from the Nut Series, Cappuccino from the Coffee Series, Cognac from the Alcohol Series (I'm going for Martini next!) & Cheese from the Exotic Series. I'm keeping the coffee & alcohol blocks from DH. Since I think they'll be devoured soon, I'll have to go back coz I also got a $2 off my next visit & a loyalty card for 1 free block after 10 blocks from a really nice shopgirl to a frenzied choco nut! Thanks dear!

The chocolate ranges from S$8 to S$12. A little pricey for the size, but would be worth the taste & experience! They have really cute chocolate theme goods too!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin