Thursday, September 03, 2009

Old-school! Wood Spindle



How cool is this amazing Wooden spindy/caddy/pincushion/stand? I've always loved vintagey things and it seems like the logical road to take to put together one of these amazing spool pincushions from Julie! Just simply glad I found her shop! If you sew, you'll definitely need one. I swear you'll love it. If you don't have time to put it together, she has beautiful ready made ones in her shop too! Just hop on over!



Because Julie was so generous to send over quite a number of pieces to choose from, I had so much fun putting them together to see which pieces will go where for the maximum old-school effect! A bit of tacky glue was all it takes to glue them together and to make it look a little more polished, I sanded the corners a little. A few of the leftover pieces are going into a mini DIY project! yaay!



The pincushions are stuffed packed with wool roving so they're perfect for pins coz they go right in and come right out! I've already started using it on the table and its a dream and quite fun to spin the turntable around and around. LOL That's mom's super heavy heirloom scissors that I love so much! They don't make 'em like that anymore. :/



Sepia & B&W shots are a must when it comes to something so amazing! It really makes my sewing table a little more me now. ;+) sigh. Thanks Julie!

Head to Julie's shoppe to get your own!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin