Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pondering Tuesdays: DIY dresses

After my bout of lethargy, I figure the only thing is to get a new dress to lift the mood! Figuratively, that is, coz I prefer to make mine, preferably from thrifted or old materials. I do have a couple of dresses by yours truly since I love them so much. They're perfect to swish around in, especially in summer when ironically, with all that fabric (light ones!), the air passes thru more easily, hence the coolness. :D I'm gonna need more, I thought to myself, and since the research on DIY dresses came up, I thought I'll share the tutorial links too + some inspiration around the web! ;+)

1) Threadbanger. I watch them ever since they came into existence and I must say they never fail to feed my obsession with making stuff and keeping the enviro eco-friendly. Loads of T-shirt recons lately, Tee-Dress, the $10 Wedding dress, Shirred summer dress, and the dress from mens slacks.

2) The recent Cute summer dress from mens dress shirt from Chic Steals. Loving the ruffly top. Besides, dad just gave me an old button down.

3) Dornob is offering some really helpful inspirational pics of upcycling old clothes, including dresses!

4) Style Bubble made an amazing blue dress with vintage-y elements which I really love! The pleated sleeves are an amazing idea!

5) A really adorable Shirt Dress by made! Ok, this one's a girl's dress but I'm seriously tempted to try an adult version, perhaps with an empire waist. ;+)

6) clevergirl upcycled a lemon mens dress shirt into a cute short sleeved simple dress. Tutorial is pretty clear in pictures!

7) A really cute Babydoll dress by kiss_liss!

8) More inspiration from College Fashion.

9) A current fav - The ChloƩ Floor-length mousseline silk dress! I'm loving the light as air fabric and the understatedly sexy back. Mmmm.

Now on to dreaming of my next project.... ;+)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin